04-25-2024, 11:59 PM   #30
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87 Mew2 View Post
Hey guys, just recently got a 2019 M2 Comp. Doing some research into this BM3 DIY flash and reading about unlocking DMEs? Will I be able to do that myself? In other words, if I just purchase the BM3, will I be able to do a stage 1 tune myself or would there be additional steps? You all seem very knowledgeable on this topic so hopefully you can help! I’m located in Canada, not sure if region matters?

Thanks!
Hey! congratulations on the purchase!

Ok here are some details:

1) I think your m2 DME might be locked, but you can double check by downloading BM3 for free and connecting to your car and seeing if the DME is locked or not.

2) If you DME is locked and BM3 cannot unlock it for you, then you will not be able to unlock it yourself. You will need to have it unlocked, and to do so you have a few options:

a) take it in to a local shop that deals with BM3 and have them unlock it for you - this will cost you money.

b) Since you are located in Toronto, you might be able take it to BM3 themselves (email them and ask if they will be open to doing this for you) and have them unlock it for you.

c) Remove the DME yourself, and mail it to BM3 - they told me that they will unlock it for you at no cost (given you have purchased BM3) and ship it back. You will likely be responsible for the 1 way shipping cost, and I think BM3 will pay return costs (but don't quote me on this). This is the most cost effective method if you can remove the DME yourself.