11-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #95
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
The title of this thread should be "I turned off DSC, stabbed the throttle in mixed traction conditions and can't understand why I have wheel hop" .

This is driver error. I can make just about any car do terrible things if I drive them the wrong way. I can make any car oversteer, I can make any car understeer, I can make just about any car have wheel hop. I guess all of these cars are flawed and I am a great driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Yes!! You nailed it. Fact is its more like 1% of drivers are turning DSC off and most of them know how to drive well enough to overcome these "weaknesses" you allude to. Let's see the list of cars that were developed to be driven with no DSC on in the modern era?

We can complain about the world we don't have or enjoy the one we do have. Fact is cars are better today than any other time in history. Probably better to enjoy what we have while we can.
I don't think I understood you message here.

This is definitely NOT driver error. I can control oversteer und undesteer just fine, I have many track days under my belt so no issues there.

But hop is another thing. Try drifting a car with hop and see how you like it. In drifting you still have to modulate the throttle to maintain right amount of slip, and hop just ruins it. And some cars do it while others don't yet you blame the driver?

That's kind of like saying that if you don't want to spin the wheels you should just not use the gas pedal. Fuck that. Let'em spin. They just shouldn't translate slip into vertical motion. And that comes down to damping, osculation harmonics and suspension setup. Nothing else.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 11-17-2019 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0