08-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #57
m2rs4_official
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Meth will not help at all, if anything it makes engine hotter, because octane improves and IAT decreases so engine keeps pushing.

I myself did track on similar condition a few times, bigger turbo or stock. I believe the humidity was even higher in my area and heat index (feels like) is 122+F. There was no heat soak (oil, coolant, IAT) issue whatsoever, the needle stayed dead in the middle however hard I pushed. Only thing my brake was hot like hell, you can hardly stand next to it even after a cooling lap...

The key to keep engine cool is 1) Less boost 2) Less back pressure 3) Richer afr (Dinan does that) 4) Higher timing ignition (helps EGT).

I also suspect Dinan intercooler can be part of the root cause. I have no doubt it cools IAT well thanks to the dual core design. But the dual core 'block' the air moving thru so the radiators behind it gets less cooling as a result.
Owh man... sounds like I didn't do my car any favors thinking the water meth would cool my M2 down. thankfully though, its been good and I presume its the combination of my intercooler upgrade that's helped with keeping the car running temps down. Averaging 95 - 102 deg C during spirited drives since the water meth, although I presume it has to do with my settings too.

Proud owner of Amelia & Rae. Yes, I named my vehicles
2018 BMW M2 LCI (Wedge Performance Tuned + Pure Turbo Stg 2 Upgrade)
2019 Audi RS4 Advant
Appreciate 1
ZM22785.00