View Single Post
      03-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #148
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Hi All,

I know that the newer ISTEP software has brought about some improved PDC behaviour ... and my MY18 LCI came with these updates.

I like to be able to control when the camera turns on/off a bit, so I purchased the switch anyway. I recently took the car for its running-in service, and as part of that, the dealer reflashed the car and with the installation of the latest ISTEP, I lost the ability to turn on the reversing camera.

A quick play with Bimmercode fixed the problem, so I thought that I'd let folks here know if they were still looking for how to control the behaviour of the reversing camera so that it can be turned on when the car is in motion (i.e. going forward) and so it doesn't cut out immediately when driving off.

I find this useful for being sure that when pulling forward into a car spot, I know when the rear of the car is in the white line markings without having to stop the car and put it into reverse

Settings on the car after the dealer updated the ISTEP (i.e. button not able to activate the camera):

Problem fixed - reverse camera able to be activated using the button:

Eagle eyed folks may notice I also changed the behaviour of the PDC, such that it matched the behaviour of the reversing camera.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Appreciate 1