View Single Post
      11-27-2019, 08:57 PM   #29
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Is your budget 62-63 max, or are you willing to actually cross into the 70’s (but are unwilling to pay that much for a GTS)?

If the latter, you might be able to pick up a higher mile GT4 for around $75k soon. And by “higher mile” i mean like 12k miles...Porsche GT’s are so sensitive to mileage for a car that’s built to last, it’s one of the market’s great arbitrage opportunities.

Closer to 62k, i think I’d go 981 GTS. Even though the 718 is more capable, it loses a lot of things that made Caymans special. Kind of like when BMW went from E46/E90 to F30/80. IMO of course, although a lot of people would agree with me.
Not about budget as much but more about what I want to pay for the GTS. IMO it is overpriced right now and I would feel okay spending 62 on a low mile 2016. I would totally go for a GT if it were mid 70’s now but it’s not. Also the equation changes on what I an get for my M3 now vs waiting till January.

I did an extended test drive with a manual 718 GTS and It didn’t do anything for me. It didn’t feel special like the Flat 6.

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0