05-20-2019, 11:37 AM   #529
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
It's super hard to gain weight by eating clean. Without processed junk and frequently eating out it's impossible for me.

Even after making time for meal prep it's just not possible to eat it all. I don't have a desk job so having my food right next to me all day is not an option.
I was in that "cycle" for years. I looked good, a little bigger than average, and always lean. Kind of like one of those male gymnasts you see on the rings or something.

It wasn't until I started training with my current partner that he straight up told me that if I ever wanted to put on any real size and strength, I was going to have to up my calories even if it meant eating dirty. He said hit your protein requirements, then hit some Big Macs and Pizza or something.

Do that and train like your life depended on it always pushing to lift heavier and heavier...and your body can't help but to grow.

3 years or so of that put close to 25lbs of lean muscle on me.

Only reason I am back to eating healthy year round now is because of my age. Size wise I am happy, and I usually stay within 10-15lbs of my "beach weight".

It's a lot easier to hold onto muscle than to build it in the first place.