View Single Post
      07-03-2021, 02:37 PM   #4
6MTZEDM2
Registered
Rep
Drives: 21' BMW M2 Competition

I forgot to post an update to this thread so here we go. First I'd like to start off by saying that BMW of South Austin owned up to the mistake of giving me the car back when it wasn't fully put back together and sent a tow truck with a loaner car from Austin to my home in San Antonio. This was a nice gesture as it saved me at least 3 hours of my life. They then proceeded to do further fault investigation which included replacing Knock Sensor #1 and checking all electrical connections. They did not find anything wrong during all of their checks. They test drove the car multiple times after performing the sensor change and checks and were not able to get any more drivetrain malfunctions or check engine lights. For some reason the car wouldn't reset its fuel quality indicator, but it was otherwise fine. After over a week in their hands and no information sent back from BMW to the dealer they gave me the car back. I'm happy to say that so far I've not had anymore issues and I've put several tanks worth of fuel through it with no issue. I'm hoping that this is the end of my early issues, and I can proceed with normal ownership. I am a little surprised by how BMW dealers deal with strange issues like this one, but at least they did eventually get things working.
Appreciate 2
Driver87253.00
M1500Z423.00