View Single Post
      04-22-2021, 01:22 PM   #37
TheMagician
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg33 View Post
I am/was a die hard manual only for sports cars and I too have a save the manuals t-shirt. I grew up during the days of the crappy auto slushboxes.

I had an 2020 M2C 6sp and honestly I loved the car, but I was disappointed with the gearbox. I installed an UCP, but not an Autosolutions SSK shifter. I had consistent issues when near red line shifting from first to second grinding and refusing to go into gear. It almost seemed like there was a lock out at times. I have never had this issue with any of the multiple other manuals I have driven from other manufactures.

For reasons other than this I traded the M2C in on an X3M and have not looked back. I can tell you from my experience the ZF transmission in the X3M is lightening quick. I was/am surprised by how hard it shifts up and down. A quick flick of the paddle and it immediately does what you asked it to.

As much as I enjoy rowing gears the ZF may have converted me forever. I can drive around with no effort when I want and I can become totally involved and in control of shift points when I want to (other than my left leg). Oh, and I have yet to grind a gear or miss a shift.
If you ask me, the future of the auto tranny is looking pretty good!
I completely forgot to add same experience! It drove me insane
Appreciate 0