View Single Post
      07-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #84
dvas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Gray, 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmac View Post
I did my first track day in my M2 in 100deg heat at High Plains Raceway a few weeks ago.

Running stock pads and Motec fluid. Pedal fade wasn't too bad but brake performance got noticeably worse as day went on.

When I'd come into pits after each 20min session the brakes were so hot it was hard to attach my tire gauge to bleed the pressure, it was like putting my hand in an oven.

I've got the ultimate care option so my plan is to swap to either Pagids or PFC08 for next 2 track days, and hopefully my stock pads (and potentially rotors if there's an issue with them) will get warrantied at the first major service.

I noticed my stock tires getting very slushy in my 3rd session, car just felt much, much less nimble towards the end. I'm assuming that's my tires and not my average driving lol. I also had a hell of a time with the TMS... bled the pressure too much after session 1, TMS went off during session 2 and kept me in comfort, and I was basically running not enough pressure for the rest of the day which probably was main factor in aforementioned handling too. Will be more careful about how much I bleed next time.

Long term plan will be coilovers and camber plates but new pads will have to do for now.

Can anyone tell me how exactly I measure for rotor deposits? is it a visual thing or do I need a tool? Do I need to take off the wheel and take out the pad to see?

Also.. how about tire wear... should I be using a tool for this or can I eyeball it?
You would feel a very noticeable shudder if you had pad deposits.

Eyeball the tires. Typically you will get mostly outside shoulder wear on a stock car.
Appreciate 1
dcmac441.50