IS350
IS350 to IS-F to M3 and M4
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS350 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prollig View Post
The reviews are done by journalists who are putting similarly new cars in similar price ranges on the track and comparing them "out of the box." I'm sure the M2 is beyond perfect for the track right from the factory if you only toss it around for 10-20 minutes and you're comparing to other cars in the same price range.

We're just talking about tracking our cars long term 2-4 or more days per year and the typical 4 to 5 sessions a day, 20-25 minute each session kind of abuse.

You might wanna double check but the $600 ultimate care does not cover rotors. I asked, they said nope. Maybe because the rotor service doesn't come until after 37k miles? I couldn't find anything to back this up but from what I remember the $600 cost for ultimate care was just pads.

If you've never tracked your car, just take it the way it is and it will be more than enough. I'm still thinking about running stock pads and I'll have a baseline to compare some track pads to next time. But running stock pads as a long term solution to going to the track probably not gonna work too long.
My service rep said rotors ARE included if you pay the $600 to upgrade to wear & tear items.
I think you can even wait to do the upgrade at the service appointment where they try to charge you for the rotors!
Appreciate 0