08-06-2018, 07:32 AM   #11
MartyE12345
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp AW, S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire240 View Post
My first actual sports car was the scion fr-s, and to this day it is one of the best balanced drivers cars I have ever driven, very similar to the 2018 cayman gts I just test drove. I've been through a couple of cars since then, and have sold my 18 c63s coupe because of its heft and it was only in auto. Now that I've shaved off about 500lbs and now have a manual transmission m3 comp, I'm debating on whether or not I should still order the m2c as I already have the same motor in a more potent form. Also I feel the extra heft would be a little annoying to me, and I'm really starting to love the sound of the outgoing m2, which I can find cheaper and lighter as well. what are your thoughts on my next move, I'm up next for to order an m2c and have to really decide. If I were to order the m2c I'd sell the m3 as I love smaller cars.
Also my first bmw, an 17 m240 I was an auto, which was very impressive but I had to go back to a manual. Your s2000 is my scion fr-s. Extremely light cars that offer a very pure analog/mechanical experience, stepping into a modern bmw is a different kind of experience, in a good way.
I have driven the fr-s/brz, it is a ton of fun to drive. Like you said extremely balanced, I’m sure everyone would say it could use a few extra horsepower though. They are pretty similar to the s2000 in terms of weight and handling, the s2000 has some more power but the frs delivers it in a more linear fashion. It’s hard to give you advice on the m3 situation. I’ve never driven one, I like the sedans though. If the shorter wheelbase is enough to do it for you I’d say for for it right? Otherwise it’s the same engine. In terms of the weight, I can’t compare how it feels to the og m2 or m3/m4. It feels like a heavy car to me (heaviest I’ve owned) But if I throw it into a turn I’m impressed how it handles, I think that would be a good sign from someone drives about an 800 lb lighter s2000 through the mountains out here.
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8716.00