10-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #82
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
The M2 will be priced close to the CLA45 like the C63 will be priced close to the F80.
So many people are saying mid 50's. I think they're a little off.

Why? Because if BMW really wants to market this car to a younger generation, they can't have a starting msrp that high. Lets be real, an M car that starts at 55k will bring new buyers into the M brand, but not an overwhelming amount.

That's because when you hover around 50k, it tends to be an area where a lot of young people draw the line in terms of the price they're willing to pay for a car. That 50k mark is the cut off for a lot of younger buyers.

With that said I'm expecting a base price of about 49k. The CLA AMG starts just over 47k. Starting the car in the mid 50's would be defeating the purpose.

I'm thinking 49k base. With a decent amount of options - around 59k. It's the only way BMW can really make this car for younger buyers like myself. If the msrp is over 53K starting, I go back to looking at other options. It's hard to price cars on the higher side of this bracket, now that American companies are actually starting to put out performance cars that offer insane bang for the buck.
Appreciate 0