View Single Post
      09-08-2014, 08:22 AM   #33
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
If you want a full leather dash, it'll cost you $3000+, which IS nuts (to me anyway). If you go look at the M3/4 guys, not that many people will tick that checkbox.

I'd gladly pay the $10k more for the performance parts that you said weren't going to make a difference, especially if they come straight from the M3/4. I assure you they'll be very noticeable. Brakes, real M EPS, LSD, upgraded suspension parts, M seats (not a huge fan of the way the regular 2er seats look personally). Let me put it this way. You try to do that on your own on your 228i, and tell me how much that'll cost you.

Regardless, I think the interesting part will come down to the pricing. An M2 will already be same price or cheaper than a base Cayman (remains to be seen if they include heated seats and nav like the M3/4), and about $10k cheaper than Cayman S I would think.

I think the M2, if priced right, even with an N55, will be a hell of a bargain for what you get. Fingers crossed they come through with weight savings.
You and I have different needs in our cars. Those performance options are of no use to me. I want my luxury car to feel like a luxury car while handling well in real world driving. I would not opt for the Cayman S, the 2.7 has more than enough power for me. Full Leather is a requirement as well as Infotainment with NAV. I would spring for the PASM as I would think it would help with driving comfort in some way. Yes I could see me getting well into the 70s with a Cayman, while I am sure any M2 I would purchase would be well into the 60s. Can't predict the future, for me its 3 years from now so maybe my needs will change or financially I may not be prepared to get either. Things happen, unexpected expenses pop up and luxuries have to be put on hold.
Appreciate 0