View Single Post
      08-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #85
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
almost scared to dip my toes into this water . . .

1) I have an 2010 e89 N54 with 35k miles - awesome and it has been modified! Eisenmann, AR DPs, Stett FMIC, ESS, etc. . . . . ridiculous motor in a timeless roadster with medicore handling, at best.
2) Our X3 35i is now gone, but the N55 was a very very good powerplant. Compared to the N54 it was "smoother" and more responsive initially but lost a little to the N54 on top.

which brings me to 3) I do not give a rat's ass about bespoked motors, exclusivity crap, 0-60 times, or pure hp/tq numbers as they are not important to me - I want a smaller, lighter M, that hauls ass and handles like a curvy lady named Sofia in the sack after a few shots of tequila! I will then seek out the long way home all of the damn time. So what that some will say it is "cheaper to produce," not "special", blah blah blah. I am 42 and have owned many BMWs and none I loved more than my 2000 M Coupe with 240 hp via an S52.

When this M2 comes out, for me it will be the M Coupe I should have never sold or the 1M I knew I should have ordered when I had the chance (a revered car with a modified N54 - a great but not bespoked motor).

PS, I think the M235 looks awesome as I saw a MW one on the road yesterday and it was spectacular. The M2 will be epic - hell if the M2 were not made I will probably still buy a M235, MT, with Diff. I am not paying for a used 1M at $65k - a ED M2 is in my near future! Go put your deposit down now if you want a sure fire classic.
For the most part, I agree with you on the exclusivity crap, BUT there's one thing: Have you driven an S55? Since you have extensive with both N54/5, I'd like to hear your feedback.

Because the S55 is a damn bloody good engine (in terms of lag and what not). And it really does pull all the way to redline. That would be one of my concerns with N55,although I will admit I haven't driven them angrily for an extended period.

Also, if the car is not lighter than 3450lbs, I'm going used F80.*

*Subject to change. I change my mind on an hourly basis
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0