Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1500Z View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asciimike View Post
This is an awesome overview, thank you!

Where did you get the pins and plugs from? Very interested in making it reversible.
I had a friend order them through the dealer. I believe the items were 61132360043 & 61138373583 but I still didn't get the male pins which my friend provided me. You need 2x of each part number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asciimike View Post
Where do you mount the solo and where do you run the cable (similar to the vent gauge, then out the vent)? Suction cup to the windshield? In the center or off to the left (is there even enough cable to get to the driver's left, or is this mostly what OBD folks do)? Any pictures of how you wired it would be super helpful!
The cable has a good amount of length and I've chose to mount the Solo in front of the center-left vent using a Proclip base (that's for LCI dash) and some adhesive velcro that's quite strong. Credit to dvas for this setup.
Note that this only works well with a Solo 2 as the original Solo doesn't pickup a strong enough signal from this point so you'd have to use the suction cup windshield mount.

You can see the Solo in in this screen grab.

I don't have any photos of the wiring itself, but here's how the cable sits as of this moment. I may take some time at some point to route it a little better as there's several options that could be a little cleaner, but this works well for now.

Mine is setup the exact same way. Used a proclip base and a ram ball mount screwed into it. Works great.

I even went as far as mounting a surface mount avionics jack under the passenger footwell so I can just plug the solo unit it when I got to the track, and don't have a bunch of wires dangling around. I did have a drill a hole into the underside of the panel, but it's a cheap part if I ever return the car to stock.
Appreciate 0