08-14-2016, 06:53 PM   #381
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The noises in your three videos are likely caused by pebbles that entered the brake system, as you guessed.

The ramble noise we are referring to, is significantly different. It's a brief metallic grinding/rambling/cluttering noise. Happens at random and lasts less than a second or so. Always from underneath the car, rear end. Hard to describe how it sounds: as if you got a metallic lunchbox with a fork or knife inside, and you're briefly somehow shaking it sideways: some metal-against-metal rubbing/screeching.

If you hear it for the very first time, it startles you as you immediately think that something screwed up. But after a couple of times, you kinda 'get used to it' (similar sound) + no impact on driving. Just a nuisance, except if it turns out to be some car internals (rear differential ?) progressively getting damaged (which we don't know, as we speak).
This is exactly what I've been hearing, I've been passing it off as stones getting trapped but after hearing the videos that MTHRAR posted I've realised it sounds nothing like those.
Appreciate 0