View Single Post
      07-19-2021, 07:57 AM   #24
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

Been for a long B road blast in the Peak District today, boiling hot day and glad for the FMIC upgrade!

Anyway the suspension flows really well, the jittery nature of the car is much reduced. You still very much have fun on crests and dips though I will say under strong compression the composure is incrementally better than stock.

For sure I was able to carry more confidence and therefore speed round corners.

Something I'm not sure on is when on a moderately tight bend when the suspension is fully loaded up, it sometimes feels like I then need to turn the wheel again into the bend to get the car round. Giving it a kind of 'tucking' sensation.

I don't remember the stock setup alerting me to this. Not sure if my driving technique is responsible or it is the car allowing me to pick new lines mid corner. Didn't notice this on every corner.

Didn't see TC light on once even in sport+ mode hammering 2nd. Then again stock map, hot day and new PS4S!

Something I am concerned about now is the resonance at motorway speed esp the textures asphalt?

Almost sounds like aero-related noise (no aero changes made to the car) but occasionally it then builds to a metallic fizz/shrill of high frequency that is heard and felt through the steering wheel?

Car never did this before and noticed it per my initial impressions immediately on driving home. Feel like it's something I should call Litchfield about, if it needs looking at or not?

Overall car still an M2, drives much better over busy roads and is keener to turn into a bend. Puts power down over undulations with no issue and no TC light coming on. Just the noises as above at speed to get to bottom of.

Wiat till 1:15 for rougher tarmac, resonance goes mad. Any light clicking sound is phone mount on air vent.

Last edited by 3t3p; 07-19-2021 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0