Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82Racer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drF80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F82Racer View Post
You have no idea about what you are talking about. There's no MP version of 335i, and you've owned one lol.
Actually, there is.
The dealer can install the M Performance exhaust and engine pieces...
https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/...-torque-206371

It may have evolved into something else with the G20 platform, however, it does not make it an M car. G80 will again be a huge jump over that G20MP just like F80 was over my F30 + MP
Yes that's M performance package, but the factory tuned M340i, is not really just adding 20hp and exhaust sound kit - do your research.

Been driving my 435i + MPPSK, F82 M4 for years, also drove a friend's M340i multiple times(thanks him for allowing me pushing it), I could say that for performance and handling the M340i is no joke with it's factory LSD, much better than my 435i, and close to my M4. If you think M340i is not capable, you should test drive it.

Looking at the huge jump from current 340i to M340i, I have very good faith of the G80/82 performance with the S58 engine.
One of the simplest ways to look at it is that the performance gap between M performance cars and non M performance cars in a series is wider than the performance gap between a full M and M performance cars. So M performance cars are close to full M cars than to other cars in the series