View Single Post
      03-13-2020, 08:04 PM   #1565
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Dave and Hegge

I know each of you are all-in on the M2CS. I honestly think that is awesome and cannot wait for each of you to take delivery. The simple fact that you want one is all that really matters as far as anyone else is concerned.

That said, each of you give similar impression that the M2CS will offer improved performance over the Competition. Dave, I believe you indicated your view that the M2CS will be ‘greater than the sum of its parts.’ For the sake of conversation - not argument - I offer opposing view.

-The M2C and CS share the exact same chassis and engine. Honestly, that alone is suffice in suggesting the two cars will be all but indistinguishable from a performance perspective.

-The adaptive suspension and nominal increase of 39hp are certainly not going to significantly alter performance. In fact, there have multiple members on Bimmerpost who have stated their preference for fixed suspension – and aftermarket coil overs - when it comes to improved track performance. Maybe not universal opinion, regardless, the adaptive suspension is not going to revolutionize the chassis.

-The M2CS ‘dual-branch exhaust’ – whatever that means - certainly is not going to alter performance, and appears to only entail a form of altered valve control associated with more artificial cabin noise – the latter of which a large number of Competition owners have worked to eliminate altogether.

-The alcantara interior, carbon fiber bits, wheels, etc certainly offer no performance enhancement. . . Optional Sport cup tires would be expected to enhance handling on the track if selected, but probably of no value on the street where most will undoubtedly utilize their M2CS.

-Perhaps most importantly, the one thing that could possibly offer improved performance is all but non-existent . . . no significant weight savings in the M2CS over the Competition.

Out of curiosity, does the M2C and/or CS come with torque vectoring?

///AVM
Appreciate 0