View Single Post
      04-30-2022, 09:20 AM   #42
Kayanarka
Rep
Drives: i4 M50 pre order

Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
is the puck button gone and the only way to access it touchscreen Tesla style?

I really liked the puck.
The puck is still there. Also there is a quick link to climate control that is always at the bottom of the screen. It is not the Armageddon some are making it out to be.

You can also program the climate controls to do certain functions based on the outside ambient temps. You can program the car to "prep" itself at a certain time each day, kind of like a remote start, but you do not have to remember to push remote start, it is automatic.

I agree that it sucks not having dedicated buttons. I like buttons just as much as the next person. I can not stand the Tesla with the I pad only setup. But, how much do I desire buttons? Not enough to swtch vehicles. The Kia EV6 has a dedicated row of buttons that switch between climate controls and radio buttons. I tried them, and they are nice. But then I sat in the demo i4 again, and the affair was over. No need to go out for burgers when you have prime steak at home.

My experience talking to the car sucked. It is very slow to respond, feels like a gimmick more then a feature that is useful.

Igor_M5

Hand gestures are an option, atleast they are in the US. I was not really considering it, but it sounds like it might be worth it? I do not know what all gestures are available, but I would think you should be able to turn the display off with a gesture?
Appreciate 1
themnmd1691.00