FrozenB7
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpina B7

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Ha! Gotta hide the car from other forum members!

Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong, but I'm stuck on the Cayman S vs Cayman GTS -> M2C vs M2CS analogy. Every other post is decrying the fact that the M2CS doesn't weigh 50% that of the M2C. Or that the M2CS doesn't come with a brand new S58 engine. Or that the M2CS doesn't do your dishes, walk your dog, and also buy flowers for your wife on your anniversary because you sure as s*** forget every year. Unless I'm wildly mistaken, the Cayman GTS has same engine, same weight, and only 15 hp more than the Cayman S, yeah? And if I remember correctly, my buddy who owns one got in trouble with his wife recently, so clearly that stupid Cayman GTS somehow forgot to order the flowers too... stupid car!

If I didn't already have an M2C, I would totally get the M2CS! Misano blue with gold wheels too!!!

(Unfortunately, I forgot the anniversary, and am prohibited from buying by the wife as a result.)
LOL. This is an interesting analogy.

I owned a 718GTS for a while, sold it very quickly. It was depressing to rev hard. I also owned an F80 ZCP. Loved the motor and manual, hated the size. I’m hopeful the CS is the happy medium. Mine will see lots of miles!

I also have allocation for a Spyder but hearing the new motor and lack of exclusivity make that less appealing for me. Plus, when I need my Porsche fix, I’d rather take my air cooled for a drive.

The way I see the CS isn’t as it compares to any other brand, but how it combines a bunch of desirable BMW ingredients in an obtainable package. I just see 450hp, manual, compact, straight 6, exclusive beautiful BMW...sold. IMO the modern GT3 Touring is like that on the Porsche side. It is what it is.
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50