View Single Post
      10-15-2015, 11:09 PM   #3
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

I wouldn't consider any car that I wasn't sure I was going to keep for at least three years. Sure the M2 may be a car that has some demand to protect you from depreciation but it is car that will be built for 4 years of production, they will build them at higher volume than the 1M and this is not a mainstream car. If you were to go into this with the intention of getting rid of it potentially in a year I think buying it would probably be best. The market for those who want to take over a lease is smaller than those who want to own a car. Most people don't have 50k laying around and most that do won't put 50k cash into a car, they take a loan out so I don't think that is an issue really. It is important to note that you will lose the cost of fees and taxes anytime you do a transaction like this so it is tough to spread that across a year and have it make sense. I think a lot of guys think this will be another 1M, a car that holds its value and actually appreciates in the first couple of years, I don't think there is any chance of that so I would only go into this if your in for a few years. Otherwise it will probably be an expensive experiment.
Appreciate 0