04-27-2019, 08:17 AM   #29
sevenmarc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeglim View Post
I just went from a 2016 M235i 8ZF to a 2019 M2C DCT in January. A few things I noticed.

1. The M2C is noticeably louder in all respect. Road noise, wind noise, engine noise, exhaust, etc. Much of the insulation that I noticed on the M235i simply isn't present on my M2C.

2. The ride is stiffer, all the time. At least with the M235i you had adaptive dampers to smooth things out when you wanted.

3. I know you wanted 6MT, but the DCT is noticeably less refined from around town driving. Bumps and jolts and other DCT quirks are noticeable over the 8ZF. I think I might get tired of those if I had to daily drive my M2C.

Side note, I have an M235i MPerf LSD sitting in my garage in a box. I have the MPerf Exhaust with carbon tips also. I had those taken off my M235i before trading it in. I haven't posted either for sale primarily because I'm lazy, but also because I think shipping would be pretty pricey, but I haven't honestly looked.
Yeah, those would be pricey to ship. where are you based? I'm sure that you could sell them for local pickup if you post them in the classified section of the 2addicts forum... the M performance exhaust in particular is a popular part.

I hadn't thought about the decreased sound insulation... that's a good point. The low speed jerkiness of the DCT is another thing that encourages me to avoid it... seems strange when the VAG DCT has been smooth for so long.
Appreciate 0