View Single Post
      04-18-2020, 05:13 PM   #572
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
That’s a sweet build and I’ve contemplated the TySpeed style cooling setup, but my car is very much a daily driver and I’d like to keep air conditioning and not worry about oil temp warm up on very cold winter nights.

So, if the VRSF Race or Evo3 Comp do the trick in my case, I’ll be happy. Maybe Tiago@VRSF will send me a VRSF Race IC or Basti@Wagner-Tuning will send me an Evo3 Comp to see if it’ll fit the M2, and then we can all see how these two IC’s perform compared to the Evo2?
I spent all last night and this morning reading. The Evo 3 measurements may still make it smaller than the VRSF race. Per Tiago in the thread, the IC cost about .85psi. The core is absolutely MASSIVE, it’s almost DOUBLE the size of the other cores - there is just no way around the size disparity and thermal capacity.

Read through the thread, no mention of increased lag either. If your tracking the car, the Race IC should be the final word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Wagner doesn't correctly state their total volume. They don't account for the step in their intercoolers which is misleading and claim it's larger than it really is. As seen here they're treating the intercooler like a conventional cuboid when it clearly is not. Counting negative space as volume is deceiving.

Directly from their website.

"Stepped Competition Intercooler Core. Size 520 x 210 x130, 11.752cm? Volume (OEM 510x130x110mm, 7293cm Volume). Approx. 85% bigger surface over OEM IC."

The actual dimensions of the Wagner Competition core is 649.25 in3. The ER non stepped is 660 in3 and our race FMIC is 1050 in3. Our HD Street stepped core is 660 in3.

As far as fin packs go, here's a picture of ER's fin pack where we count 8 fins per inch. If we're going to count each individual vertical fin which is essentially half a fin, it's 16.

If we count our individual vertical fins we get 20 fins per inch.

Appreciate 0