04-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #565
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

[QUOTE=ZM2;26061267]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I’m not. The ATM vs Evo 2 was in a f series chassis. The comment about the ER intercooler is on ER’s webpage description about their N55 F series intercooler.
The Mishimotto intercooler was used on an N55 powered car (F30?)

OMG, you’re still missing the point and are debating against yourself in a nonsensical manner.

You thru out a blanket statement that bar plate is better than tube fin, which isn’t true. They are simply too different types of heat exchangers that have pros & cons that benefit users in different ways.

Then you keep giving examples of all these different sized intercoolers and different tests. In this case the best test of bar plate vs tube fin would be comparing the Comp and non-Comp versions of Wagner. Similar size, different exchanger style. The Comp (tube fin) will be lighter and recover quicker once hot than non-Comp (bar plate).

Does the 19lb Evo2 Comp perform as well as the larger and heavier bar plate IC’s you keep mentioning? Not under extreme use situations.

Will the larger heavier Evo3 perform better than all the larger heavier bar plate IC’s you’ve mentioned? We don’t know yet, but I’m guessing yes simply from the Evo 2 vs Evo 3 data that Wagner posted—there’s a huge increase in cooling capacity, and because it’s tube fin it will recover quicker than bar plate once hot.
I compared the PHYSICS of why they one functions better than another and provided actual DATA to substantiate that claim, you have provided NOTHING.

You can’t call me misinformed when there is literally 2 comparison (ATM, DO88), and a write up from 2 different manufacturers (ER being one) stating that Bar and Plate is better for cooling than a tube and fin.

Tube and fine are also less expensive to make - so you would think that more manufactures would make one if they were superior- instead only 1 brand exist for the F series.

Just because the ‘perfect’ match up doesn’t exist doesn’t mean you can hand wave all the evidence you don’t agree with.

Let the myth of ‘tube and fin recovers faster’ be dispelled from this message board until someone can PROVE IT. Until then, the Competition line should not be a consideration to ANYONE who tracks their car.
Appreciate 0