View Single Post
      04-17-2020, 11:43 AM   #562
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
You’re comparing different sized intercoolers in different situations, not the same sized bar plate and tube fin in the exact same situation. That’s why the outcomes are different.
I’m not. The ATM vs Evo 2 was in a f series chassis. The comment about the ER intercooler is on ER’s webpage description about their N55 F series intercooler.
The Mishimotto intercooler was used on an N55 powered car (F30?)

Quote:

This is simply about performing a correctly designed experiment, which cannot be done with all the different products on the market and all the different setups we all have and how we all use our cars differently. That’s why we’re not each choosing the same IC to go with, there isn’t a simple this one is better than that one.

If you use a bar plate and tube fin with the same heat rejection capacity in the same situation, they have the pros & cons I listed above bc of their designs. Period.
I just don’t know if that’s true. I can tell you, of all the intercoolers I looked at (still looking at) the Wagner Evo 2 has consistently performed the WORST out of all the options.

DO88 webpage compares their intercooler vs the Wagner - per their data, it cools better.
The ATM per the data we have, cools better.
The VRSF cools better
Per A race shop, a channel on physics - and actual data - ALL of them say a tube and fin is inferior from a design perspective.

Quote:
The Evo2 isn’t enough for my setup and tune and use case of running full tilt on track on 90F+ days for an entire tank of gas (45min), but it’s plenty large for most guys’ use on here.
I haven’t seen it work adequately for anyone. Everyone review I see says it gets hot too quickly.

Quote:

If the Evo3 has enough heat rejection capacity for my needs, it will be a better performer on track than bar plate bc it will cool quicker between WOT applications, esp after the IC gets hot in the first 15min.
That’s not backed up by data. I’m absolutely interested in seeing someone try the Evo 3 vs the VRSF race or ER unit thought.

Last edited by AmuroRay; 04-18-2020 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0