View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 12:16 PM   #38
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Based on what I am learning and hearing, there are a couple important considerations at play in anticipation of the 21’ M2C release.

1. BMW does not operate according a to ‘LEAN’ manufacturing model, at least not to the same extent as Porsche and Toyota. This would explain the very limited ‘options’ available on the 19’ and 20’ M2C configurator and – I agree - is not expected to change with the 21’ M2C.

The question, and basis of this thread, is what ‘standard’ features can we expect to change with 21’ M2C. I completely agree that BMW is not going to engage in any significant development of new parts. However, I think it is reasonable to expect more than an imperceptible taillight tint change. Rather, something from the BMW M parts bin warehouse. . . which leads to point number 2.

2. Prevailing view is that BMW must be careful in sharing the part bins between the M2C and M2CS, as they do not want to foil the heist associated with the latter. The fragile existence of the M2CS appears to hinge largely upon the Adaptive M Suspension, and considered by many to be off-limits to the M2C. Too bad, as inclusion would nicely complete the blank center console button in the M2C. What about the other part bins – are they ALL off-limits if included with the M2CS?

Going against the grain of what others have stated, I do believe BMW will dip into some of the part bins with release of the 21’ M2C. For example, Executive Package, M Performance Steering Wheel and M Performance Exhaust represent items that BMW could bundle as standard features for a modest new model price increase. Other examples exist in various forms, and for which others might have opinion and/or hope.

///AVM
Appreciate 0