View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 10:08 AM   #1
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Q7 & 22 4XE

M2C Ordered, waiting, questions...

First I want to thank the guys and gals on these forums for all the great info.

I finally pulled the trigger on a 2020 M2C, Hockenheim, 6MT, orange stitching. Canadian cars get most everything standard, I just added the storage package and HK. No wireless charging (have it in my F31 and it blows), no speed limit info and no moonroof. I know I'm going to miss the 360 cam and HUD from my F31.

The catch is it’s only going to be here in March or so the wait begins.

I feel like this is the last “real” car I will own, the next one most likely electric. Test drove the M340i also as it would have been a much more logical/practical choice but the car felt so digital that I feel it will actually be a better car when they go all electric. I really hated the new digital dash. Almost got the DCT so my wife could drive and she toll me "get the car you really want". So 6MT it is!

Some questions while I wait for my M2C:

1. Does the F87 have the same problem with the noisy window/door seals as the F30s? Both my 14’ and 17’ F31s had this issue. The seals get noisy after 20-30k miles.

2. Stupid question but does the F87 suffer from the same painfully slow washer fluid filler as the F30s?

3. Are there any real winter tires available for the M2C? Like Xice or Blizzak? I would probably get a dedicated winter set up. Fall back plan is the 641M set up with the PA4's.\

4. Anybody have young kids in the back? Any fitment issues? Mine are 4 & 5, need be I will purchase new car seats that fit better. The ones I have are bulky. I just need to drive 1 mile to the daycare/school...

I plan on keeping the car stock mostly. This will be my daily. Cheers!