View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 01:47 PM   #21
Drop the hammer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2 AW, Dct

I took my stock’ish car (just bolt on motor mods and a tune) to a two day track training event. Each day we ran four 20 minutes sessions with classroom in between to let the cars cool off. First day no issues, being new and also going through training we were not pushing cars that hard. Learning lines and the track itself.

However, on second day as I started to get more comfortable late braking and entering corners much faster I ended up getting pad deposits in the brake discs and causing a lot of brake shuttering (smaller blue brake set) also huge wear on the PSS tires as they began to liquify. I blame the gt3 RS that I was trying to stay with through the corners. I also ended up having to refuel mid-day as I burned 2/3 of a tank in 3 sessions, so have a plan for that as fuel is sometimes not available at a track and you may have to drive to get some.

Your organizer will give you your list of helmet and safety equipment needed. i brought my torque wrench and socket set and kept checking tire lug torque. Ive already got better fluid and track pads for next time. Also bring food and drinks as it’s a long day.

I also enjoyed about 2 hrs after the session just hanging out with the other drivers talking about our cars and our experience. Sitting in their cars and checking them all out. Went through additional beverages/food during that debriefing.
Appreciate 0