Thread: Winter
View Single Post
      01-17-2018, 09:01 AM   #14
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

I leased my M2 - not going to defend my reasons for doing so yet again, I have done this in previous threads already - and I don't drive it in the winter - no need as I have an SUV for that. As I have stated many times on this forum, everyone has their own set of unique circumstances and reasons for doing what they do...and these are not necessarily going to be the same as yours. Doesn't mean you are "right" and they are "wrong" or vise versa...it is what it is. I had many years of fun driving my WRX and more recently, an F30 in the snow, never putting either into the guardrail or another car. For me, I just see a lot of people these days who simply don't know how to drive in bad weather so I chose to leave my "nice" car at home on bad weather days. Does this mean I won't be t-boned by some asshat texting on his phone on a sunny & dry day in the middle of June...this could happen of course. For me it's about risk mitigation and probability. Nothing to do with the capabilities of the car or me as a driver, just a personal choice given my current set of circumstances.
Appreciate 0