07-31-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
confusion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

HRE R101s in Brushed Dark Clear

Hey guys,

Finally got my wheels from WheelsBoutique! It was quite a long wait at nearly three months but, in the end, totally worth it. I had my wheels shipped to Sean Hutchisson, owner of Taurus Auto Detailing in Austin, TX. First task was to get them properly coated. Sean did a great job. Here's what he did:
  • Cleaned all wheels with Optimum No Rinse wash solution
  • Chemically and mechanically decontaminated surfaces with clay and Optimum Ferrex
  • Lightly polished surfaces with Opticoat Pro primer polish
  • Cleaned wheels with Optimum Paint Prep to remove any polish residue
  • Applied Opticoat Pro to all surfaces of wheel face and barrel
  • After coating had flashed, I leveled any excess and inspected for high spots
  • Let coating cure for one hour and applied Optimum Optiseal as an added layer of protection until Opticoat Pro has fully cured

If you're local, I would definitely recommend him. His shop is immaculate and so is his work. Thanks DetailersDomain for the recommendation.

And here are the wheels, post treatment:

I then took them over to Elite Racing Development where Ashton and Alex took great care of me. I only nabbed one pic while there but the shop is awesome and home to some amazing machinery. I could not have received better customer service while there. Ashton is amazing. I also highly recommend these guys if you're local to Austin.

And here are some shots of the wheels finally on the car!

Hope y'all enjoy the pics!

M Performance Steering Wheel | CF Rear Spoiler | Gloss Black Grilles & Side Gills
Build Thread

Last edited by confusion; 08-10-2016 at 08:59 AM..
Appreciate 4
metrickid3030.00
HRE_Wheels2118.00