View Single Post
      10-12-2015, 08:17 PM   #27
Bobdaxx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
True, true.... especially a loaded m235i/240i. Approximately 80% of m235i coupes on dealer lots at this very moment are stickered above $50k. Who wouldn't rather have a stripper m2 for the same money? I know I would.

If this pricing is legit, the only way the m235i coupe might make sense is if you can do a discounted, lightly-optioned ED car for around $40k. Otherwise, there's just not enough room between the two to NOT go with the m2... especially when the m2 is more likely to retain its value.
OMG this post is right on the money. I bought my new m235 in august for 40k...its a stripper with only heated seats and the 8sp auto...but its rear wheel drive wit the michiellen pilot ss on it. It did have 200 miles on it but its new and 40k you cant beat it. IT WAS A FAILED EURO DELIVERY. THE BUYER DIDNT WANT IT. IT was listed for 45k but I talked them to 40k. I think a new m235 at 40k is pretty tough to beat. BTW a dogde challenger srt wanted to race w me. I had a full front seat of groceries f wegmans in the car. We went at it and I pretty smoked him like he was standing still but all my groceries went everywhere lol. Its a great car for the $. Im loving the details and looks of the M2 but the $ diff is just too great. My dream car, being 50 yrs old, no kids and a homicide detective is the cayman gts.

Last edited by Bobdaxx; 10-12-2015 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 2