BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
Do you live in the States..?

Nobody buys a M2, to have back seats, it is for duffle bags, etc. If the M2 is $55k.. many people will opt for a Corvette. Which can have magnetic ride and BMW doesn't offer.

People don't buy a BMW M's for non-performance.. (), ..so "sported out car" is exactly what these buyers are looking for.
They are different cars. A person looking for a sports car could buy a Cayman, a Corvette, an M2 (or 235i), a Z4, etc. Let's put aside the performance per dollar for a second since they are all in the same price range. What is the deciding factor that someone would buy an M2 over a C7 or Cayman then? Well it is all personal preferences or biases. Perhaps they want backseats and a trunk to be able to carry their golf clubs (Cayman can't really do that). Perhaps they want to be able to carry friends once in a while. Perhaps 2 seaters are just more expensive to insure. Whatever that reason might be, those cars suit different needs.

I personally looooove the new Stingray. That thing is so gorgeous I would sleep with it. Would I own one? Absolutely! If I had a family hauler then I could get a 2 seater car. However, if I'm looking for an every day performance car, I would look into something like an M3, 235i, etc. It all boils down to personal needs and preferences. I for sure did not cross shop the C7 before picking up the 235i. I am interested in the M2 but I won't be cross shopping it with the C7 either.
Appreciate 0