View Single Post
      10-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #109
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
So, that is why you are buying a M4/M2..? , because you need a back seat..? Or do you need the performance..? Both?

That was the point.
How many times do you throw your kids in the back and hit the nurb..? All the time, or twice every 5 years..? Don't dismiss a comments, because your needs for a sport car handling, includes a utilitarian back seat.

All-of-a-sudden your priorities/needs change..?

Coincidentally, most don't take 4 people in a Corvette to the beach... you meet people there. Or take your SUV and pile everyone in. What you really wanted, is what every American male my age has wanted, the M135i... which is a 5-door barn stormer that BMW refused to sell here.

Instead I am stuck with a 135is.. that isn't track ready and now looking to buy a SUV for utility.

So no matter anyone's personal situation, a $52k M2 will easily be compared to the C7, &/or the new Mustang. Pro tip, BMW's backseats aren't magical..
Look, this is ridiculous. If you are looking for a pure sports car like a Corvette, then the M2 is obviously NOT for you. Why come here at all? What I want in a car and what you want is completely different. Not to mention our needs compared to say someone in London is completely different too (it's not easily feasible to have an SUV and a sports car).

We are here because we are interested in an M2. Whether it's because we like the looks of it, or because it's more practical than a C7, or because it's more fuel efficient than an S65, who the hell cares? Who cares if I go to the beach with friends once a year or 3 times a week? I know what I need my cars to do.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0