12-29-2019, 11:24 AM   #415
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZWIE View Post
My questions are more about the difference in prices between brands. Intercoolers range from $300 to $800.

Other than users comments, there is no way to determine why such huge disparities. And even then it is more about preferences.

I would look toward a vendor like EPH to help clear up this. In addition if EPH considers one brand inferior then I would hope they stop selling it.
Quote:
My questions are more about the difference in prices between brands. Intercoolers range from $300 to $800.
I wish the answer was this easy but lots of factors play a role with pricing including type of intercooler (tube & fin vs bar and plate), fin density, finish quality and wields, R&D and testing performed in the design stages, manufacturing country & the profit margin set by the manufacturer

Quote:
Other than users comments, there is no way to determine why such huge disparities. And even then it is more about preferences.
Thats why data is so important. Look for manufacturer or user posted info on temp control, pressure air drop, recovery and weight of the intercooler.

Truth is, cheaper intercoolers do not target the same audience as the more expensive ones. It depends on your mods, HP, etc...
Thats why companies like VRSF and Wagner Tuning offer different tiers of intercoolers.

If you need help picking the correct intercooler, send me your modifications and i can provide you with a few options

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0