FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benef1cient View Post
Thanks for the reply.
Ad 1. My BMW Service Center did the swap and they said they secured them so I thought they attached them to something.
I just checked the stock brake pads an there are 2 sensors attached to them (1 front 1 rear) so maybe they removed them entirely? I dunno how it's exactly set up there. Should these be removed from pads, connected to the socket and then secured?
I have red brake check light on and prompt to set up a visit in a nearby service centre each time I start the car + 2 alerts about front/rear brake pads to be changed.
If you see the sensors and wires hanging off of your original pads, then the dealership didn't secure them (unless they charged you for a new set of sensors and installed those). They just disconnected them from the car leaving an open circuit, which is why you're seeing the red brake check light/prompt.

Remove the sensors from the pads (just take a flat head screwdriver and gently pry up). Connect them to the sockets on the car (inside a little terminal box), and then zip tie them out of the way like tux2005 said.
Appreciate 1