View Single Post
      10-04-2017, 05:19 AM   #7
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
In reality the people who decide on the name to market a car and the people who are responsible for trademarking the name are of different divisions. The marketing guys are not responsible for the protection of the name and trademarking is a slow process.

I do hope that they will continue with the CS naming convention on the upcoming S55 M2 instead of the silly name M2 Competition.
I am finding it hard to understand the reason for the new "Competition" name for the BMW M2. The type of updates when compared to the base car are even more significant than the competition package and probably more so than the M4 CS (Compared to the M4 ZCP). Obviously, I am not taking into consideration some of cosmetic changes that the M4 CS got which probably added significantly to the price (Eg. OLED taillights).

Is the M2 competition supposed to relate to the M4 Competition that was released for Spain only ??
That car was limited production as well and that could probably explain the 1000 units that dealerships are talking about.
Appreciate 0