Drives: 2020 M2C, 2018 X3M40i, 765RS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomsapple View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
So I guess this is why auto manufactures are only allowed to sell "cat-back" exhausts that coincidently stop short at the catalyst, thus not interfere with it ..

Anything after the catalyst has nothing to do with emission compliance. Any and all piping after the cat is strictly for sound reduction only, NOT emissions.

Legally, you cannot decat or replace the catalytic converter with one that is less effective than the OEM one. The end.

CALM YOURSELF DOWN and find me some proof of anything you said.

It's all conjecture and a pointless attempt in justifying your illegal downpipe.

Would the OPF Filters not count as emissions? They are both after the catalytic converter and used for emissions, filtering carbon and of course, sound.

Even in California, which the strictest laws in the US, you can still legally swap out a downpipe.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/aftermarket-catalytic-converters

You can't slap any part on there, and each item must be EO approved but they do make them, https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/afterm...s/eo/d-763.pdf
OPF is only installed in diesel powered vehicles in the US, so irrelevant to mention it.

You also are not allowed to alter or remove the OPF in countries that mandate them on gasoline engine, same a catalytic converter in North America.

I ran out of ways of explaining to you guys that your "sports" cat doesn't meet US EPA allowed smog standards, hence the reason it's only sold on the black-market and is not certified by the manufacture or EPA for approved usage.

Some guys are going around in circles attempting to justify your aftermarket downpipe. You already committed to it; at this juncture, no point in back-peddling..

Enjoy and move on.
It's not irrelevant at all, you made a claim of nothing behind the CC being for emissions which is false.

I also provided you with documentation for carb approved down pipes as you noted needing proof, and then dismissed it.

We are all enthusiasts here and every state and country law is different, but sweeping generalizations aren't helping anyone.
Appreciate 0