View Single Post
      11-13-2019, 09:01 PM   #17
kpaso
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by swootdaddy View Post
So I thought I'd give you all a little update.

I decided to just replace the brake pads and fluids for now. I went with the Carbotech XP10 pads in the front and rear, and replaced the fluid with Castrol SRF. I'll be taking the car to willow springs next week, a track that doesn't involve a ton of heavy braking, but I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry and upgrade the pads and fluid now. Plus the car will be easier to prep for subsequent trackdays going forward. I'm still using the stock Pilot super sport tires but from what I've read they should still hold up reasonably well on track.

The XP10 pads definitely feel overkill for street driving and they are quite noisy, so I'll be planning to just use them for track days and switch the stock pads back in in between events. In the long run though I'd like to mod/set my M2C up to primarily be a track car and I'll just get something cheap and a little more practical to daily drive. With this goal in mind does anyone have any other recommendations for modding/setup advice for this car? I'm thinking camber plates would be a good next step.

I'll update this thread again after the event and let you guys know about my experience at Big Willow.
Camber plates and tires are the only other things you'll really need for a long time. Coilovers are nice but aren't actually needed for a while. Just get seat time and better at driving at the track.
Appreciate 0