View Single Post
      10-29-2019, 12:32 AM   #5
swootdaddy
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashton View Post
I would highly recommend you don’t do anything to your car. Upgrading brake fluid is the most important, but you won’t be boiling it on your first track day IMO. The number one thing you should be focused on is learning from your instructor and improving from session to session.

I took my bone stock M2C to Sebring and had zero issues and it was an absolute blast.

Camber plates are mainly going to aid in tire wear and are not a necessity, especially your first time out. Your OEM pads will also be more than adequate for your first day out as well. If you choose to do any of those things, upgrade the brake fluid.

Here’s a video of my first day out at Sebring, car was 100% stock, just had done the 1,200 mile break in. Keep in my I did three 25-30 minute sessions, my fourth got session was cut short (punctured my tire), but brakes held up even while braking from 140MPH.

To be honest that's a bit surprising to hear about the brakes. I took my M2C on one canyon run (not ideal or smart, I know) about a month ago and did only maybe 20-25 minutes of hard driving with medium-hard braking and by the end of that less than 1/2 hour session the brakes were totally cooked and the brake pedal became extremely soft. It was hot that day but still under 100F. This trackday event I'm going to is going to involve up to 2.5 hours of lapping Willow Springs which is out in the desert and has the potential to be very warm.

I do appreciate the advice though, for now I'll likely just look into changing the brake fluid.
Appreciate 0