Rep
Drives: f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashburyn54 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post
I had my winter tires installed yesterday. I usually wait for my car but I had some things to take care of so I left it there and came back a couple hours later. I reset my trip meter when I pulled into the shop so the first thing I noticed was that there was 1.3 miles on it which I thought was odd. My 'automatic' wasn't syncing so I figured I'm just being crazy so I left. A short while later, I get home and app updates and this is what I found:
Not only was it a joyride, it was a joyride with no regard for warmup or respect for you or your car.
Yup. Car was sitting there for an hour+ and it was like 20 degrees yesterday with a real feel of way colder. I went down to the shop after I saw it and spoke to the manager. It was some punk ass kid that took it to make sure the censors weren't tripping. The manager tried to console me and was very apologetic but it doesn't really make me feel any better. He pulled the kid aside to show him he got busted and I didn't see his face again. I also had some customers wait outside for me to leave to ask me what happened so I filled them in. There's no recourse here. It's not like it's reversible. I bought this car and I always take care of it. It's so frustrating.
Yeah that's never a good feeling. You did the right thing! Your car is fine but it's tough knowing somebody abused it. The fact he made an excuse with the tpms sensors is not cool but he was probably just trying to keep things calm. One positive thing is that place will probably second guess this type of behavior for now on.

So regardless of how bad it sucks, you probably prevented future bull-shittery for others which is awesome.

I think this happens every time you get a service at a dealer with any M car, Or any Indy shop.We just don't always know to what extent. What app it that? I would love to try it.
Appreciate 0