View Single Post
      03-30-2020, 01:18 PM   #216
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Looking at Nezil's photos, my only additional tip would be sleeve/wrap the alloy brace in insulating tape, where its closest to the 12V +ve terminal to ensure no chance of a short.
I'll try and get another photo of this today. That's good advice if you don't go with the correct strut tower rubber covers. The correct part has a big bit of rubber going around the aluminium section at that point, so are insulated if you fit these.

One thing I noticed is that the M2C / M3 / M4 aluminium part does have what looks like a 3D printed black plastic part just behind the 12v terminal. You can see it in my photos. This sort of creates a slightly more radiused rather than short edge where all of the other power wires are coming up from the distribution box. I think this is quite important, and without this, I'd put a lot of insulating tape. RealOEM doesn't list this separately, and I've seen some retrofit photos with it, and some without. When I sourced my aluminium section (used), I made sure it had this before I ordered it.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0