View Single Post
      03-28-2020, 06:29 AM   #21
Sharasuke
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren720s View Post
About a month ago I was one of those guys who thought my 435 - with Stage 2 tune, coil overs and front bushings with negative camber and caster upgrades - was so good that an M can’t possibly be that far off.

I randomly test drove what is now my current car, and I was absolutely blown away. The M2C just felt savage in a straight like (it later dyno’ed at 425whp stock, roughly 500hp crank) and through the corners incredibly firm and composed. The way the front just “hooked” into the pavement and the rear rotated through the corners during my test drive was shocking. No matter what I did to my 435, I could never get it to behave and feel like that.

I know the subject in question is the M240i but this M thing plastered everywhere is just BMW capitalizing on their brand and diluting it after working so hard for decades to build it up. Kinda sad in my opinion.
Now there’s M, AMG and S on every other German car even though most things are cosmetic with a couple of performance-like features.

Another aspect here is exclusivity. The M2C is quite rare, holds its value better and so far in my experience, attracts a lot of attention.

I suppose everyone had a different take on how much this difference between theses models is actually worth. For me it wasn’t so much the lap times or 1/4 mile (even though it was a no brained from the test drive alone), but the way the car made me feel when accelerating or cornering. Some things are just very hard to put a price on or be able to reproduce with aftermarket upgrades.
Almost the same feeling for me, DD'ing a M135i and test drove an M2C couple of weeks ago.
WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!
I always felt like my M135i was a fun car, not so much since I tasted the M2C...
Appreciate 0