Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtwo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I mean, I personally spoke to BMW about my 2018 M2 and they said it's not available.

Even Bimmertech is saying CarPlay is possible but I'd have to install a WiFi antenna, which I'm not sure I want to do since it always opening up the interior trim and accessing the head unit, etc.
From my understanding, all US/Canada spec M2s for 2018 came with BMW Professional Navigation with iDrive 6, which has CarPlay preparation (6CP) integrated standard. There is no way to uncheck this, it's what it is, regardless if wanted it or not.

Since this unit comes with CarPlay preparation, the hardware already comes installed standard, which consists of Wi-Fi antenna, which is also used to communicate with Screen Mirroring feature, with Android phone.

When you choose to add CarPlay after purchase, BMW provision is activation via their ConnectDrive portal.

Certain aspects of the CarPlay function uses the vehicles build-in 4G LTE connection, which is standard in US/Canada spec vehicles, in addition to your personal phone data.

I suggest you call ConnectDrive Canada directly and find out if they can activate it OTD, maybe there is some regional restriction but as far as the required hardware goes, it's all there and ready to go, as outline by this official document below that was privy to sales franchise dealerships.
Step 1 in the document you attached says to verify that the vehicle is Carplay compatible. When I called ConnectedDrive Canada, they said my car wasn't.

I'm open to calling them again but I've had 2 sources within BMW telling me my car isn't compatible (after checking my VIN) which makes the chances of that being not true less likely.

Wish me luck tho
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00