03-10-2020, 06:34 PM   #851
McLaren720s
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition X

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
There are thousands and thousands of s55s out there. Tuning will be even more popular on the used market I would think.
It’s true that there are plenty of S55’s out there but only the newest ones have the locked DME which makes them a minority. So they would need to develop a solution for basically, let’s say, 10% of the total population which can be expensive if they can’t recover the cost because there won’t be that many more sold with the DME locked before BMW stops production and the new M’s go on sale in the near future.

Anyway, I hope I’m wrong. I’d love a bm3 flash as I had it on my 435 before and it was great and crazy easy to flash. Much easier than going to a tuner every time you want to flash to stock and vice versa.

I have a local high performance BMW shop that will give me a tune worth about 60-70whp for about $900. The problem for me is that I much rather have full control over when I flash and how I flash it anytime anywhere.