02-04-2020, 12:25 AM   #10
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: m135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattens View Post
I have used it, originally I tried putting that in but had issues with fitment and returned it without ever running it on the car and wasted many hours on it. Then found this which purely replaces the OEM DV. IMO a much better alternative, and when I come to sell the car, I'll put the stock back in, and sell the Turbosmart unit on Ebay lol

I guess in theory full plumbback could be better for response, but with the dual port I got which vents some to atmosphere and some back to the car, I haven't noticed any less throttle response. Probably because it's still recirculating some air back to the car. I'm just guessing though I'm not that technical. For me it was mostly for the sound, having slight performance increases and future proofing from exponential turbo leak as I turn the boost up in the future was the aim of the game for me.
awesome, naturally one is going to request a sound clip haha. please send a couple from in the car and outside if you can

'14 F20 M135i EWG FBO:// INJEN INTAKE // PURE INLET// TURBOSMART BOV DUAL PORT //
//CSF INTERCOOLER // ER CP // SNOW S2.5 METH KIT // B58TU HPFP // NGK 97506 // ER DP // TMSS MID PIPE //MPE // MPBBK // UR STRUT BRACE // BM3 CUSTOM JORDAN E85 TUNE // XHP STAGE 3 //
Appreciate 0