View Single Post
      02-03-2020, 04:07 PM   #7
Wattens
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2, 4C, Bentley GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristosD View Post
Thanks, didn't even know this product existed. I have a gfb dv plus, have you had an experience with this, how does it compare to this turbosmart unit?

i assume the plumb black would be better for throttle response as its not diverting to atmosphere?
I have used it, originally I tried putting that in but had issues with fitment and returned it without ever running it on the car and wasted many hours on it. Then found this which purely replaces the OEM DV. IMO a much better alternative, and when I come to sell the car, I'll put the stock back in, and sell the Turbosmart unit on Ebay lol

I guess in theory full plumbback could be better for response, but with the dual port I got which vents some to atmosphere and some back to the car, I haven't noticed any less throttle response. Probably because it's still recirculating some air back to the car. I'm just guessing though I'm not that technical. For me it was mostly for the sound, having slight performance increases and future proofing from exponential turbo leak as I turn the boost up in the future was the aim of the game for me.
Appreciate 0