View Single Post
      02-03-2020, 03:49 PM   #6
Wattens
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2, 4C, Bentley GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Is this a blow-off valve? While DV+ and OEM are both diverter valves.

Difference being a blow-off valves vent to atmosphere and a diverter valve recirculates the vented air back into the system.

Blow-off valves, in theory, will increase lag and make the car run richer during venting. Possibly requiring a custom tune.
I don't know if that terminology is correct.
My 1996 Skyline had a full stock OEM plumb back unit that even Nissan referred to as "Blow off valve", I moved away from turbo cars for 15 years until coming back to the boost side and Diverter Valve was now a thing.

They have a full recirculation version as well that according to their website is $30 cheaper.
https://www.turbosmart.com/product/k...r2-plumb-back/
I haven't tried it, my one is the dual port (vents some to atmosphere and some back into the car, no extra lag, definitely haven't had a tune yet, runs better than stockand although not noticeable power for everyday driving, dyno has it at over 10rwkw and nearly 20nm because it stops the OEM boost leak. The boost also comes on marginally earlier than before according to the dyno and the power band is shifted slightly forward into lower rev range. Although I don't really notice the change in every day driving, I'm confident there is a marginal performance increase.

Last edited by Wattens; 02-03-2020 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0