View Single Post
      02-03-2020, 12:26 AM   #1
Wattens
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2, 4C, Bentley GT

Diverter Valve Upgrade Chuchuchu

Hey guys,

I've mentioned this product once before in a thread while replying to someone about changing their coolant. But I've now had this installed on my M2 since Mid September and it's been working great so thought others here would like to hear my successful experience of having used the Turbosmart Kompact EM VR11 Diverter Valve (In Australia we call them blow-off valves, but seeing the M2 forum seems to be mostly Americans and Brits, I'd change my terminology lol).

The VR11 diverter valve has been working flawlessly. My car was completely stock apart from a BMS Air Intake when I had the Turbosmart VR11 installed.

I wasn't expecting any sort of power increase but according to the dyno run on the same fuel on different days at similar temperatures (two dyno runs a week apart, both runs at lunch time on the same hub dyno) before the VR11 was installed the average run (3 runs) was 233rwkw and 481nm with a max 12.70psi boost. after the VR11 diverter valve was installed, max power average was 245rwkw and 498nm with 13.40psi boost.

Basically the OEM DV had a tiny boost leak as the plastic construction of the OEM valve can never fully seal (but it does a good enough job most of the time), the Turbosmart product seals properly and doesn't let any unwanted boost leak.

This is on car running stock boost, I could only imagine the leak would get worse when the boost is turned up (ecu tuned).

I had ADVAN Performance at Auburn installed it but watching them do it, I could have done it myself, it was just 3 bolts and the plug fits the OEM harness. I haven't had a single error code on the car since owning it (owned the car now for 7 months), it's done around 10,000km daily driver and spirited country driving (no track days yet). Makes a great induction pressure "CHHHHHHHHHH" sound when you let off the accelerator quickly.

Link to the product I got. They have a plumbed back (quieter) version, but I mostly wanted the noise.
https://www.turbosmart.com/product/k...vr2-dual-port/

I've got videos of the sound it makes but I've no idea how to post videos lol.

I did try another DV fix, but that just performed worse than stock.

I've got catless DP, metal charge pipes and intercooler waiting to go on and will see how it performs with stage 2 tune and will update here once done.

I hope my feedback of this product helps someone here.
I've learnt most of what I know about my M2 from the forums, so I'm just trying to contribute.
Attached Images

Appreciate 14
Bee Pee1779.00
ZM22810.50
tenkies147.00
M2guru383.50
dtmurf481.50
skiparock182.50
Altra265.50
shaneguags1189.50
M2 Ziggy156.00