View Single Post
      06-14-2019, 02:05 PM   #76
Gabhart
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
I don't understand why misinformation continues on the M2C. It is substantially faster than the latest 740i and a good bit faster than the 750i based on instrumented tests. So unless granddad decided to fork over more than $150k for the M760i (handful sold to date), the contest is a clear winner to the M2C.

To describe a car that does the 1/4 mile in 12.4 seconds with a trap speed of 115mph as "not so fast" is hard to fathom. DSC off -- trying to hook this thing up off the line is a challenge, and I've been driving and racing high power RWD cars for more than 40 years. If the roads are cool (under 60F), it's impossible to get the PSS' to hook up even in a roll-on in 1st gear. 2nd gear roll-ons can easily haze the tires too. Part of that is the PSS in that the new PS4S is a lot better at longitudinal traction especially at moderate to cool temperatures, so I can't wait to switch to those too like I have on the M3.

In any event, describing a car that traps 115mph in the 1/4 as not so fast seems odd. It's also faster than the latest 460hp Mustang GT by 2/10ths in the 1/4 and 2/10s to 100mph.

Sorry for the rant, but I just don't understand the misinformation.
You are ranting to the wrong guy! I didn't write anything in the mag and I only commented because my car is one of the 3 used in a article.
Appreciate 2
CSBM52697.00
natmad667.00